The Stone Ram NetBackup Catalog Transitioning service is a fixed price offering which facilitates ONLINE migrations for NetBackup environments. The service offering caters for many differing types of migration, including the migration of NetBackup catalog data to new systems, merging of data from multiple Master catalogs, or the splitting of a single NetBackup Catalog across multiple masters.
The service includes.
- Initial assessment and Planning for the migration
- CUSTOMER will provide a physical or virtual server with connectivity to network, and disk storage (Typically this is a virtual machine)
- Install and configure Tranzman appliance software
- Deployment of Tranzman Agents to origin / destination environments
- Discovery of all environment components
- Selection of components to transition
- Overseeing Migration of Selected Components
- Testing and Validation
- Decommissioning of the Tranzman appliance
- Post Engagement Catalog Support.
The majority of the work is performed by our appliance reducing the amount of human intervention required.